I love baking. There's something so incredibly rewarding about making sweet treats for the people you love and watching them enjoy it. Although I don't have a sweet tooth myself, I absolutely adore these cookies. This recipe was adapted from this recipe.
The Best Damn Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes around 12 cookies
- half a cup of melted butter
- half a cup of white sugar
- half a cup of packed brown sugar
- one egg
- one teaspoon of vanilla
- one and a half cups of all purpose flour
- half teaspoon baking soda
- quarter teaspoon salt
- half bag of trader joe’s chocolate chunks (these are the key to success)
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine melted, cooled butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, salt and baking soda together.
- stir in chocolate chips.
- slowly add flour half cup at a time.
- scoop out dough balls and place onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- (optional) save a little extra cookie dough for midnight consumption.
- bake for about 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of your cookie), or until golden brown.
photos taken by nicholas tesoro